Graphic Design will emphasize the development of the eye for design and the tools of a successful graphic designer including research techniques, photography, website construction, and rendering. These skills will then be applied to real-world projects such as poster design, packaging, magazine layouts, vehicle wraps, album covers and new media while exploring the practical client-designer relationship. As a final project, students will create a portfolio of their work, a necessary step to enter a career or pursue post-secondary education in the design field.
Standards & Units Covered:
- Principles and Elements of Design
- Page Layout
- Image Capture
- Digital Illustration
- Business Skills
- GAERF PrintEd – Advertising Design & Digital Illustration
- SP/2 – Workplace Safety
- Adobe – Adobe Certified Associate (optional)
- Southern Maine Community College – 2D Design – 3 Credits
- Southern Maine Community College – Digital Foundations – 3 Credits
- Southern Maine Community College – Digital Design – 3 Credits
- Illustrator – $53,400
- Photographer – $36,580
- Interior Designer – $52,810
- Graphic Designer – $48,690
- Marketing Manager – $126,190
Illustration by Jet Magri
This course meets Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, and Fri.
This course is held at Mid-Coast School of Technology .