School to Career Coordinator/Teacher
Mid-Coast School of Technology is seeking a full-time School to Career Coordinator/Teacher for the 2018-19 school year. See qualifications and performance responsibilities below. FMI or to request an application package, contact Sherry Moody at (207) 594-2161 ext 201 or email: email@example.com
The School to Career Coordinator/Teacher (STCC/T) works directly with the Student Services Coordinator (SSC) to implement a process of introducing students to the opportunities at Mid-Coast School of Technology (MCST). The STCC/T serves as a resource to the sending school’s students, staff, and guidance department as well as offering instruction. The STCC/T will assist students and their guidance counselors with development of post-secondary planning options.
- The School to Career Coordinator/Teacher shall possess and maintain appropriate State of Maine certification. This certification shall be, but not be limited to: CTE Teacher -860 and/or Guidance Counselor -075
- A practical knowledge of industrial, technical, and business operations, together with first-hand knowledge of career and technical education (CTE) and CTE standards is highly desirable.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment offering problem-solving strategies, as well as taking direction from others.
- Ability to use technology to develop and maintain appropriate documentation of student records, etc.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Director may find appropriate.
- Assist guidance counselors in course selections of current and future MCST students.
- Assist the Student Services Coordinator and guidance with the processing of student applications and coordinating visitations.
- Assist the SSC with dissemination of program materials to guidance staff, students and parents.
- Assist in follow-up of students to determine college and other post-secondary placement.
- Assist the students with interest, ability, and work/personal value self-assessment, using the materials and assessment instruments suggested (including software programs) by the Director or SSC.
- Teaches cooperative education and career exploration courses as agreed upon between the sending school and MCST in alignment with 21st century workplace skills.
- Assist the school with the maintenance of records pertaining to student self-assessment and career awareness, exploration, and preparation.
- Coordinate ASVAB, accuplacer and any other related testing needed for placement in post-secondary endeavors with MCST’s Curriculum Coordinator.
- Maintain the resources for student career awareness and exploration in the guidance or STCC/T office.
- Arranges appropriate job shadow, internship or apprenticeship opportunities for students.
- Monitors student performance, coordinates and notifies appropriate staff and administrators of meetings as needed.
- Coordinates activities and schedules informational meetings for students participating in the Bridge Program.
- Assist students with accessing information and resources to help them demonstrate effective job search and job seeking skills.
- Maintain an accessible bulletin board or other means of disseminating current job listings for students.
- Attend appropriate staff meetings at the sending school as required by the sending school’s principal.
- Participate in any committee work deemed appropriate by consensus of the STC Coordinator/Teacher, building principal and Director.
- Coordinate the development of a Career Portfolio that documents students’ development of Workplace Readiness Skills and competency in Cooperative Education Statewide Standards.
- Assist in transition planning and attends IEP meetings as needed for students with special needs.
- Coordinates the collection of IEP’s and 504 plans for the SSCC/T within two weeks of the start of school.
- Inform new/current high school staff members about the School to Career program and resources that the STC Coordinator/Teacher provides.
- Develop, disseminate and update a brochure describing services including cooperative education programs and career exploration opportunities.
- Serve as a liaison to community services and businesses.
- Attend MCST staff meetings and professional development training/workshops as determined by the Director.
- Assists middle school counselors with activities including visitations and presentations regarding MCST.
- Complete other assignments/activities as determined by the Director.
Deadline to Apply: June 15, 2018
Substitute Teachers (On Call)
Region 8 / Mid-Coast School of Technology is seeking on-call substitute teachers for a variety of career and technical education (CTE) courses. Applicants must have a Maine Dept of Education CHRC (Criminal History Record Check) certification or able to attain certification. Additionally, applicants must pass a State Police background check. Experience teaching secondary students and two years experience in the CTE course preferred. Courses taught at Region 8 include carpentry, machine tool, auto technology, auto collision, medical sciences (RN preferred), culnary arts, pre-engineering, firefighting, EMT, Marine technology and Design technology (graphic arts). Substitutes are paid $101/day. For more information, please contact Sherry Moody at (207) 594-2161 x201 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MCST is an Equal Opportunity Employer